Srilanka Vs South Africa: The clash was called the test of Sri Lankan batting and they failed. After a blistering start by Dickewala(41), all that left was continuous wickets and Tharanga’s 50. The snapshot review of the match:
- South Africa posted 299, thanks to indeed one of the best batsman of the contemporary times, Hasim Amla who made his 25th ton. He is the fastest to reach 25th ton. He is only the fourth player to score 25 centuries in both test and ODI.
- Du Plessis scored 75 and late cameo by Duminy helped Proteas to post 299. Sri Lanka were Intermittently good in field and that one throw by Chandimal to run out Morris will be remembered.
- But not as much the fielding efforts of ABD. He is a kind of player whom you cannot keep out of the game. Even after failing with bat, he took one specky catch and a brilliant run out.
- Imran Tahir took four wickets. Only the fourth bowler to take four fer in all three major ICC’s event. The staggering effort from Tahir made sure Lankan were not in contest.
- Sri Lanka were bowled out for 203 handing Africa a win of 96 runs. Lanka’s biggest loss by run margin in CT. The only resistance was from Tharanga and Parera.
- This match will be remembered for run outs. Four wickets fell in run outs and what a stunning effort they were. Overall a run out package match.
Pic courtesy: ICC World