England vs Pakistan: The clash between Undefeated and Unpredictable. And miraculously so, the unpredictable defeated the invincible. Pakistan played with their hearts out and as they say,” Luck favours the brave”. Pakistan came on top and emerged victorious in this clash. The snapshot review of the match:
- England started good, but after losing Root for 46 in 28th over, they lost the plot completely. Losing 4 big wickets in the middle overs for just 34 and last four for 30 negated the 80/1 foundation.
- Pakistani bowlers were supreme with ball. Hasan Ali (MOM- 10-35-3), helped England in the losing cause. Other bowlers Junaid and debutant Raees also picked up 2 wickets a piece.
- Pakistani fielding, a rather sad sight in this tournament, rose to the occasion and lifted up themselves to show what has been a classic display on feild. The catch of Moen Ali or the run out of Rashid, showed the effort the boys had put in.
- Pakistani batting, their Achilles heal, calibrated as a unit and with the power packed innings of Azhar Ali (76) and Fakhar Zaman (57), made sure that England had no fighting back. Their 118 for opening wicket is highest for Pakistan in CT history. The powerful bowling attack looked feeble as the Asian side scripted a wonderful win in Cardiff.
- This win of Pakistan is only the fourth ICC ODI tournament semi final win. Pakistan will meet the winners of India and Bangladesh cash, another classic encounter.
Pic credits: ICC World