Sports Round up:
- Women’s World Cup: Australia defeated India by 8 wickets. In another match England defeated New Zealand. With this, the match between India and New Zealand becomes a virtual quarterfinal for both the teams. While the other three: Australia, South Africa and England qualified for Semis.
- Women’s World Cup: South Africa defeated Sri Lanka.
- Bilateral Series: South Africa to take on England in second test after losing first.
- Bilateral Series: Srilanka to take on Zimbabwe in the only test match of the tour. Srilanka under pressure.
- Anniversary: On this day, 15 years ago, India defeated England in Lords in NatWest series finals. The match will be remembered for Saurav Ganguly taking his shirt off.
- Transfer Rumours: Barcelona are ramping up their efforts to sign €50 million-rated Benfica right-back Nelson Semedo after dropping their interest in Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin.
- Concacaf Cup : Panama defeated Nicaragua 2-1 while US defeated Martinique 3-2.
For more sporting actions, stay tuned.