- This day, that year- The great cricketer W G Grace was born today in 1848. He has score 54,211 runs with 124 centuries and picked 2,809 wickets with 240; 5-wicket hauls. Also, Australia’s greatest bowler, Dennis Lille was born today.
- Bilateral Series: South Africa humbled England for 133 to win the second test match by 340 runs after losing first. Read more in the snapshot review.
- Bilateral Series: Sri-lanka at 170/3 at stumps on day 3 against Zimbabwe in the only test match. Need 218 runs more to win. Test match equally poised.
- Women’s World Cup: South Africa to take on host England in the first Semi final today.
- ACA-CA clash: The boycotted tour of South Africa by Australia A team will now have Afghanistan A as a replacement.
- Replacement: Sikhar Dhawan to replace Murli Vijay for Sri Lanka Test series.
- Transfer News: Manchester United are close to agreeing a fee with Inter which would bring the Croatian wide man Ivan Perisic to Old Trafford ahead of the 2017-18 campaign.
- Transfer News: Juventus have agreed a fee with Arsenal in the region of £10m for Wojciech Szczesny and the Polish stopper is set to complete his move in the next 48 hours.
- Club Friendlies: Lukaku scores for Manu as they lead Real Salt Lake in the Club friendlies in Utah.
- Transfer News: Arsenal’s chances of keeping Alexis Sanchez in north London may have taken a further hit with Paris Saint-Germain joining the battle for the forward. Long linked with Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, the Chilean has so far refrained from signing a new deal with the Gunners.
For more sporting updates, stay tuned.